· To view the firmware version of your cable modem or modem router: Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your network. Enter http://192.168.100.1. Enter your cable modem or modem router’s user name and password. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive. …
· NETGEAR provides your ISP with the latest firmware and your ISP updates your firmware. If your firmware is out of date, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance. The following table displays the latest firmware versions of NETGEAR cable modems and modem routers. Note: If your ISP is not listed in the following tables, advise your ISP to contact our sales engineering team ...
· To find the model/version number, check the bottom or back panel of your NETGEAR device. Select a product or category below for specific instructions. N Routers
· Once logged into the router, look on the left side under the "Maintenance" section for "Router Status" and click it to go to that page. Near the top you will find the "Hardware Version". Knowing which version of the hardware you own is important so that you pick the correct firmware later.
· To check the firmware version of your Orbi router: Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your Orbi network. Enter orbilogin.com. Enter the user name and password. The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays.
How to check what Firmware version your modem or router is running: MODEMS (no built-in wireless): MB8600: Open your Internet browser. In the address field, type in: 192.168.100.1 Default login - username: admin, password: motorola (Click Login) Click Advanced > Software > Software Version. This is your Firmware version.
· The label varies by router. Select Firmware Update or Router Update. Click Check. The router searches for new firmware. If new firmware is available, click Yes. After you click Yes, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting. The firmware update starts and the router restarts. The firmware update process can take a few minutes.
· Visit www.netgear.com/support. Type your model number in the search box. If a drop-down menu displays, select your model. If you do not see a drop-down menu, make sure you entered your model number correctly, or select a product category to browse for your product model. Click Firmware and Software Downloads.
· NETGEAR regularly releases firmware updates to improve product performance, add features, and enhance security. The simplest ways of updating your firmware on your NETGEAR router are with the Nighthawk app or automatically through a webpage. For those options see the following articles: How do I update my Nighthawk router’s firmware using the Nighthawk app?
· Many routers have a button that will check to see if a new version of the router's firmware is available. 6 ... you may be provided a link to the latest firmware version, or the router may even be able to download it on its own. 7. Visit the manufacturer's support site if no link is given. If there is a newer version of the firmware available, but no links are given, you'll need to download ...
Another reason you can't take it with you--it goes before you do.