· Open the "Firmware," "Router Upgrade," or "Update" page. The name of this page will be different for every different router manufacturer. The location varies, but you can usually find it in the "Administration," "Utilities," or "Maintenance" section.
· Transfer the firmware file to the router. Some routers might require a flash drive that contains the firmware file, plugged into an open USB port on the router, but others let you upgrade the firmware from the router's control panel. Follow the steps given to you for your specific router. Do not interrupt the firmware installation.
· Enter your password (if you never set one up, just leave the field blank) and log in. Once you're in the interface, click on Management, then Upgrade. Click the "Check for new firmware" button…
· Router firmware updates are specific to your router’s make and model. All routers do not run the same firmware. The firmware of a Cisco router will be different from the firmware of a Netgear router. The make and model of your router is normally written on the router itself. For aesthetic benefits, some manufacturers may write this information on the bottom of the router.
· Update your firmware regularly to get the latest updates for your router. You can either Update on WebGUI or Update Manually. Method 1: Update on WebGUI (If the router shows unable to connect to ASUS server, please apply method 2) Method 2: Update Manually (If you haven't updated your router’s firmware for a while, please apply a manual firmware update via Web GUI) Method 1: …
· The label varies by router. Select Firmware Update or Router Update. Click Check. The router searches for new firmware. If new firmware is available, click Yes. After you click Yes, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting. The firmware update starts and the router restarts. The firmware update process can take a few minutes.
· Click Choose File or Browse, then locate and select the firmware file that ends in .img or .chk. Click the Upload button. After you click the UPDATE button, do not try to go online, turn off the router, or do anything else to the router until it finishes restarting. The firmware update starts and the router restarts. The firmware update process takes about two minutes.
If God shuts one door, He opens another.